I introduced the class to our new travel buddy. I was germ shamed into getting a new buddy. The last one made it through about 5-6 years. It was time. We now have a kangaroo and joey. I also found a new backpack. I hope families find it a fun learning experience. Students share the adventures in a journal when their week of visits end. I love the language and conversations it brings. The kindness and memories are a bonus.
On my mind today.....
- ugh to grading in 1st grade.....we have our first spelling test this Friday- fingers crossed that it does not make me feel like a dentist pulling teeth
- ugh to grading in 1st grade.... interim reports are due in two weeks.
- Storm Florence has come and gone, but my mind drifts back to my Carolina friends- praying for strength and healing and receding water
- #SLESKindness is kicking off well at school
- I found a cache of eggs out at recess- thinking they are turtle eggs, buuuuuutttt my resident herpetologist is suggesting they are snake eggs. I may need to relocate them from the playground to not the playground- currently wondering the gestation period.